Selected Conference Presentations and Talks
- 'The Coffeeshop industry, the circular economy and recycling', Leiden University, Netherlands. February.
- 'The Economics of International Business: The Coffee Industry', Coventry University, February.
- 'Exploring tools for visual forms of research dissemination: animation, film and infographics'. Rethinking Research: Disrupting and Challenging Research Practices. Coventry University, Coventry, January.
- 'Fostering sustainable business in the coffee shop industry'. British Academy of Management Annual Conference, University of Warwick, Warwick.
- 'Beyond the bean: coffee, coffee shops and the circular economy'. Circular Economy: Transititioning to Sustainability Conference, Coventry University, Coventry, July 2017.
- 'Exploring the new cafe society: spaces of possibility'. Royal Geographical Society Annual Conference, Royal Geographical Society, London.
- 'Coffee shops and work: considering the 'coffice economy'. Faculty of Business and Law Conference, Coventry University, Coventry.
- 'Exploring the journey from a research idea to research reality: inspiration to impact'. Coventry University Conference, Coventry University.
- 'Co-working and the cafe'. Workshop on co-working dynamics and the city. CAMEo - Research Institute for Cultural and Media Economies, University of Leicester.
- 'New café society? Spaces of possibility’ Faculty of Business and Law Conference, Coventry University,Coventry.
- 'Café culture: new frontiers in the UK’ Aberdeen May Festival, Aberdeen.
- ‘Mobilising Institutional Reforms in Research and Innovation Systems (MIRRIS): Barriers to the participation of the EU 13 in the European Research Area’ with Dr. David Jarvis at the Regional Studies Conference, Atlanta.
- 'The ‘rise’ of social investment: social financialisation in the face of austerity?' with Dr Nick Henry and Dr Carlos Ferreira, at the European Urban and Regional Studies Conference, Crete.
- ‘Café Nation? Exploring the growth of the UK café industry’. Centre for Business in Society Seminar Series, Coventry University, Coventry.
- 'Exploring the global regulatory mosaic of the temporary staffing industry: temporary agency work in BRICS', International Labour Organisation Regulating Decent Work Conference, Geneva.
- ‘Labour intermediaries and non-standard work: temporary staffing industry perspectives’, Fourth Global Conference on Economic Geography. Oxford 2015.
- 'Introduction to Infographics’. Transforming Futures Conference. Coventry University, Coventry.
- ‘Spaces of community: exploring the roles of cafes’. Transforming Futures Conference. Coventry University, Coventry.
- ‘Charting local experiences to the financial crisis: economic development strategies and responses in the UK and Italy' with Dr Alessandro Merendino at the Regional Studies Winter Conference, London.
- ‘Growth and change in England’s Local Enterprise Partnerships’. Regional Studies Early Career Conference, Sheffield.
- ‘The Changing Regulatory Mosaic of the Temporary Staffing Industry in Europe’ ESRC Workshop and Seminar on Employment Regulation, Monash Prato Centre, Prato, September 2014.
- ‘Visualising the Temporary Staffing Industry’ Royal Geographical Society Annual Conference, London.
- ‘Twitter for Geography Teachers/Students’, Geographical Association Annual Conference, Manchester.
- 'Geographies of Temporary Staffing and the Financial Crisis: Evidence from Europe’, Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, New York.
- ‘Varieties of Capitalism, Varieties of Temporary Staffing’, Royal Geographical Society Annual Conference, London.
- ‘Varieties of Temporary Staffing in Europe’, Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, Seattle.
- ‘Varieties of Temporary Labour: An Exploration in Europe’, International Labour Process Conference, Leeds.
Convened Conference Sessions
- 'Exploring complexities: perspectives on resilience from around the world' with Dr Ioanna Tantanasi, Association of American Geographers, San Francisco 2016.
- ‘Toward an economic geography of markets’ with Dr Carlos Ferreira, Fourth Global Conference on Economic Geography. Oxford 2015.
- 'Visualizing Economic Geographies’ with Dr Jon Swords, Fourth Global Conference on Economic Geography. Oxford 2015.
- 'Negotiating a new world of work: the geographies of labour market intermediaries’. Royal Geographical Society Annual Conference. Sponsored by the RGS Economic Geography Research Group. September 2012.
- ‘Emerging Geographies of Transition’ with Ralitsa Hiteva. Royal Geographical Society Annual Conference, University of Manchester. Sponsored by the RGS Economic Geography Research Group, September 2011.
- ‘New and Emerging Economic Geographies: Global and Regional Production’ with Stacey Coppock Royal Geographical Society Annual Conference. Session sponsored by the RGS Economic Geography Research Group, September 2011.